The 2018 SMAC Conference was held at the JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead in Atlanta, GA
on April 10-12, 2018.
The SMAC Annual Conference is an opportunity for the public and private sectors to collaborate and provide interactive training related to processing, underwriting, closing and servicing multifamily and seniors housing properties under HUD's MAP and LEAN programs.
Sessions will be structured such that they are beneficial to those new to the business, as well as those who are seasoned. A new topic being considered for this year is a panel on construction loan servicing.
Who should attend from SMAC members? Processors, underwriters, orginiators, 3rd party firms providing services required for underwriting, closing coordinators, lender's counsel, borrower's counsel, loan servicing and asset management staff.
Let us know if you have a topic you would like to have covered.
For travel purposes, the preliminary schedule is as follows: (Agenda has not been finalized)
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 – Underwriter’s Training (CNA eTool Only)
- 7:00 – 8:00 – Breakfast
- 8:15 – 5:50 – Training (including 2 breaks and lunch)
- 5:30 – 7:30 – Cocktail Reception
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 – Conference
- 7:15 – 8:15 – Breakfast and Registration
- 8:30 – 1:00 – General Session (including break and lunch)
- 1:00 - 5:30 – Breakout sessions (includes break)
- 5:30 – 9:00 – Reception
- Thursday, April 12, 2018
- 7:15 – 8:15 – Breakfast
- 8:30 – 11:00 – General Session (Plan departure to allow you to attend this last session)
Training will be conducted by a consultant hired by HUD.